Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trainings, Trainings...and More Trainings

So this is what’s been keeping me busy nowadays. I should have been part of the SMART Faculty Immersion Program but my training schedule did not allow me to do so. First part of the training is the CCT, then after that would be the PST, that is if you pass CCT first. My trainer is so cool and m co-trainees as well. So let me just introduce to you my new-found friends:
Joel (the trainer) – nobody from the class had enough guts to ask about his sexual preference but the way he dresses, and talks, can be considered as a give-away. He is so cool and funny. He had unlimited number of anecdotes to share and we all just end up laughing because of his gestures. Even Joel himself would end up laughing, too. That’s one good point of a teacher, storytelling with actions and all, no inhibitions and being able to laugh at himself. Joel has been consistently asking me to ‘exaggerate’, which is something I find challenging to do…but hopefully I get the hang of exaggerating so I wouldn’t be hearing the words “Sappho, exaggerate!” as if exaggerate is my last name. =)
My co-trainees:
AC – one of my favorites because he always makes me smile. He looks like a typical parlorista - dyed hair, skinny jeans, sleeveless shirt and a body bag. You might even ask for her scissors and comb. But no, AC is not a parlorista, mind you, he is pretty good in exaggerating. He even pronounces Cainta as Ca-een-tah, it was even misheard as Utah. And that was the first icebreaker ever that made us all laugh to the highest power. AC is friendly and very open. He is also very generous giving us yosi during breaks. When asked about his greatest passion, he readily said it was his ex for a year now. And that’s another icebreaker…harhar.
DAFF – my seatmate and lunch buddy. He also coaches me with pronunciation, and the in’s and out ‘s of the call center business. A self-confessed DOTA and sex-addict, this guy is cool and relaxed. With very good accent, too.
PAOLO – only 20 years old, the youngest in the class, a UP ComSci student, but is currently in AWOL to work and earn for his tuition fee. My bibong groupmate in almost all of the activities that were given to us. Although very young, he has lotsa things to say, not by experience though, mostly from the textbooks he has read. Paolo is my baby, I always tease him not to join the gimmicks because he is too young and he would always answer, “’di na ko baby,’ no!”
DADDY MON – the oldest from the class at 56, and still single. But very cool also, and always willing to share his stories. He had a mild stroke a few years back and is having difficulties using his right hand. But he never gave up, at his age and condition, he was still motivated to work and very eager to learn. That’s an inspiration for me because at my early age now, I feel I have lost the desire to live and work. =(
MARVIN/MELVIN – sorry I keep forgetting your name. He is also a call center virgin like me. This guy is a cono, the way I see it. And very quiet, but is game to all things Joel would instruct him to do. A fresh graduate from UP. We didn’t have the chance to bond because he belongs to a different group, and he doesn’t smoke, but I think he’s nice.
JOSEPH – one of the seasoned agents from our batch. He could also qualify as a team leader based on his call center experience. I could always imagine Dom in him, with his physique, sense of humor and I don’t know what else, I just think of him as Dom. Period. (See, I can’t still get them out of my system. Hehe.) I wish he would become my role-playing partner because I know I would learn a lot from him.
JUNSAL – Joseph’s partner in crime. They would always laugh at one corner when Joel becomes really funny and foolish. Very good accent, too. When asked about his passion, his answer was his kids (hmm…ideal father), but what about your wife? hehehe.
DORX – her name is spelled with an X, not a –KS, that’s what she would always stress. Also a fresh graduate and a call center virgin. She is basically quiet, I only get to hear her get excited when they (with Rica) talk about b-o-y-s. (Peace!) She seems nice and kikay.
RICA – my role-playing partner. Very fluent and is really good with the English language. She used to teach at UP, but settled for a call center job because this is where the money is. She is very warm and friendly. Thank God she is my partner in role-playing because I do learn a lot from her.
PAOLO – the second Paolo in the class. He would always talk about cars, or joke around and make fun of Volts. He doesn’t smoke but would also go downstairs during breaks just to mingle and exchange laughs and stories. This guy looks mayabang, and presko, you know the typical guy who thinks he knows it all. But let me just stress the presence of the word LOOKS on the previous sentence. I don’t know if he really is. What I know is that he is pasaway because during breaks he would browse you tube or imeem which is a no-no during the training.
BOLAI – another UP student. Very quiet, but I think she’s cool. All UP students are cool, right? ALMOST all. Harhar. Also a yosi-buddy but her brand is Winston Lights. This woman is deep and mysterious….hmmm…I think I should get to know her more. Too bad I wasn’t able to join their first-ever inuman session because I had to go to Banawe. There will be a 2nd time, I hope and I really am joining this time.
KATKAT – a semi-vegetarian, and also very quiet. I wonder if they have let go of all their inhibitions during their inuman…and did they talk anout me?hahaha….Also a seasoned agent and is always talking to someone over the phone during breaks (I miss those times).
YANI – also one of my favorites. Gay and happy. My uwian buddy. I know it would be easier for him to just ride a bus via CUBAO ILALIM but he always chooses to ride CUBAO IBABAW so that I could have someone with me on my way home. Bait naman ni Yani. Very soft-spoken but is also very open to his adventures and misadventures.
CHENG – she was a former student of the school where I used to teach, and that is also why I don’t mind not bonding with her at all. She might know some of my secrets and I don’t want that to happen.
MONDS – I wonder if he is gay, but whatever his sexual preference is, I think he’s nice. Just a little aloof maybe, but he seems nice. Very quiet, prefers to eat alone and just read books during breaks.
VOLTS – a really weird guy with a very weird voice. That’s why some of us love making fun of him. He hates his mother-in-law very much he always talk about her.
DAN – looks like a security guard using Astringent No. 3. But well, looks can be deceiving. Also a seasoned agent and is really very eager to learn. He even has a better accent than me. =( Joel would always ask him if he is drunk because when he recites, he mumbles words, but then after a few seconds and he gets enough confidence, he does speak well.
LIAN – also my lunch buddy. He is from Iloilo and I really like his accent. He is a very nice guy, always willing to get coffee for me.haha. He looks like Joel Moore, the stupid guy from the movie The Hottie and The Nottie. But no, Lian is not stupid. He’s smart and I like his attitude.
And of course, Reena, who was never my co-trainee but is always there to help me out. Thanks for the mug and all the stories we’ve shared. Thanks for always being on the rescue especially when I broke down at the restroom when I was asked about my greatest passion for the last two years. And sorry, for whichever side of the coin I choose, I still end up hurting you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha, nice blogsite! i will definitely not forget to mention this in my oral presentation! :D
iye!thanks for coming along in this journey of mine called life.amfts!haha, ang cliche!i really enjoy your company and hope we will still be tyt kahit pa floor na tayo.ha? God bless! luv u, mwah!thanks pala so much for welcoming us into your home.:)
mwah! :-*